The Winter lights display in Coquitlam is back this year and brighter than ever.
Marvel at a display of over 100,000 Christmas lights wrapped around Lafarge Lake. The route will take visitors through a dazzling 1.2 kilometres of festive lights with ten themed zones.
The family-friendly event is free to attend and is located near the Lafarge Lake SkyTrain station.
The magical display is one of the largest free outdoor light events in Metro Vancouver.
Check out the event seven days a week from dusk to 11pm until Jan. 22nd. It will be open longer (till 12:30am) on Jan. 1st for visitors who wish to wander through the loop to ring in the new year.
What to Expect:
• Winter Lights Gate – The entrance off Trevor Wingrove Way features lighted trees that will set the stage for the magical light display to follow.
• Caterpillar – Walk through the lighted 90-foot framed caterpillar – a seasonal favourite!
• O Canada – As an ode to everything Canadian on the eve of Canada’s 150th birthday in 2017, the banks along the northeast side of the lake will be aglow with illuminated maple leafs.
• Walk on the Wild Side – Look out on the north end of lake for woodland creatures and illuminated flowers guiding the way.
• Arbour Walk – Meander the lighted archways along the lake’s west side and enjoy their reflection off the water below.
• Fantasy Forest– This display includes curious creatures and an elfin tree house.
• Rendezvous at the Pier – The pier will feature a dining table brightened by a chandelier.
• Woodland Garden – Illuminated by overhead starbursts, enjoy an illuminated garden of more than 500 tulip lights created by community members.
• Starry Night – Recognizing the Coquitlam 125 anniversary, it includes a special illuminated garden bed as well as a 14-foot-tall animated elf that casts its fishing line into the lake.
• Bright Reflections – Home of the Welcome Tent, which will host numerous Park Spark activities.
The beloved community tradition will sure get you into the spirit of the holidays. For more information, visit the website.
When: Until Jan. 22nd, 2017
Where: Lafarge Lake, Town Centre Park, 1299 Pinetree Way