McArthur Glen outlet mall has quickly emerged as one of the top shopping destinations in metro Vancouver, and if there’s anything shoppers look forward to after spending hours on their feet, it’s taking a seat and enjoying a nice meal.
BiBo Pizzeria is among one of the first restaurants to make their debut in the outlet mall, making its soft launch debut in October of 2015. Expanding from its original location in Kitsilano, BiBo offers an escape to the far corners of Italy with home-style and authentic Italian dishes.
While many people associate “authentic” restaurants with old school and vintage scenery, BiBo is the exact opposite, providing a modern and contemporary atmosphere. The only thing between diners and BiBo’s chefs, who are all from Napoli, is a small viewing glass which makes the dining experience much more unique and interactive as they flip and twirl the dough before placing the pizza into the wood oven.
The restaurant currently seats up to 80 people, and will be able to accompany an additional 30 once it launches its patio this summer.
The “Tagliere di salumi e formaggi“
Bruschetta (similar to Indian naan bread)
What separates BiBo from other pizzerias is its pride and precision of true and authentic Italian flavours. Nearly 90% of their ingredients are freshly imported from Italy, with the remaining 10% coming from local sources. Their pizza crusts are hand-stretched and prepared at least 24 hours in advance. Management prides itself on ensuring the dough is light, and easily digestible.
Perhaps one of the restaurant’s most cherished menu items is its house wine. The word BiBo comes from the first two letters of the original owners’ last names and it also means “I drink” in Latin, reflecting the owners’ passion for good wine.
As with everything else, BiBo Wine is imported from Italy, and its fresh and fruity taste, similar to Sauvignon, make it very easy to drink.
Formula One with Pepperoni
Tiramisù Classic (Italian Savoiardi soaked in espresso, Italian mascarpone and cocoa)
In addition, BiBo Pizzeria also offers delicious gluten-free and vegetarian options, along with weekly specials including pizza and beer on Mondays, along with wine specials on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.