Published on November 6th, 2012 | by 604 Now0
How Your City Would Look If A Tsunami Hit
At one point or another, we’ve all wondered if our fates would be sealed if a tsunami hit the 604. Those living in Richmond know there odds are next to none and they’d be under water like Sponge Bob in no time.. However, if a Tsunami was to hit us and sea levels rose by 5m, the map below illustrates what to expect:
- South Delta (Tswassen & Ladner) would be joining Richmond while North Delta would barely survive.
- White Rock & Cloverdale would suffer severe damage.
- Surrey would face a big hit in Mud Bay, East Newton & Fraser Heights.
- The Lougheed area and Pitt Meadows would drown and take half of Maple Ridge.
- Not much would get past the Coquitlam & Port Moody coasts.
- New West, Burnaby & Vancouver would only face major blows along Marine Drive and waterfront streets in downtown.
- Langley looks the safest.
Click HERE for a closer look at your city.
Any one considering to move?